Searching for a Calling – Maybe You’ll Find It as a Worship Associate
One of the best things about shared ministry is that each of us gets to participate deeply in the life of our congregation. The Worship Associates program at UU Princeton is one reflection of our congregation’s commitment to shared ministry, providing an opportunity for laypeople to play a leadership role in our Sunday morning worship services. Worship associates enjoy the deep satisfaction of contributing to community worship.
It is our intention that Worship Associates reflect the diversity of our congregation and our community. All congregants who are committed to the UU worship experience are encouraged to apply. Successful worship associates have the following qualities:
- Flexibility and a commitment to working in a collaborative relationship with the ministers and lay service leaders
- Desire to help plan and participate in leading a quality worship experience
- Willingness to grow in worship leadership “presence”
- Serve at both services on six or seven Sundays throughout the year. The Worship Associate is needed from 8:30 am Sunday morning, to ensure the sanctuary is fully prepared for the service, through 12:30 pm. During the summer months, there is one service at 10:00 am; therefore, the commitment is from 9:30 am until 11:15 am.
- Contact the minister a couple weeks prior to a particular service to plan the service and your role in delivering it.
- Attend Worship Associate training.
- Attend Sunday services regularly throughout the year.
Talk to any of the current associates. We can all share what being a Worship Associate has meant to us.
If you think you can’t do it, please think again. If you are interested in becoming a Worship Associate, please contact Rev. Neely.