Get ready now for our annual Martin Luther King Day service on January 14!
Our 10:30 service will be shorter so all can join an activity in Robinson or Fahs in celebration of Dr King’s legacy and challenge to engage in volunteer service in our communities. There will be a choice of activities including:
1. Spice bags – a favorite from 2016 and very welcomed at Arm in Arm so clients can create more savory meals. UUCP will supply the spices; you supply the hands & hearts to create the bags! Wanted for packaging spices: your used up, cleaned-out spice jars (after all that holiday cooking and baking?!), as well as clean small containers from Blue Apron or SunBasket home food deliveries. Please bring them to the box at the Social Justice Table by Sunday Jan 7.
2. Magazines & calendars for English as Second Language learners – Wanted: Please save your magazines and extra 2018 calendars. You can start bringing these on January 2 to the box in Robinson Lounge at the SJ Table.
3. A special film chosen by Rev. Bill for viewing in Fahs
4.Hygiene care kits for homeless clients of Rescue Mission -UUCP will supply the items for people to assemble – see separate notice below for pre-event sock donation.
5. Utensil kits for homeless clients. Please save all those loose or packaged plastic utensils and straws that you receive and do not use and bring them over the next few Sundays to the box at the Social Justice Table.
6. A possible activity geared for youth in detention and/or Planned Parenthood – still waiting for more info –stay tuned!
~Francesca Vollaro, Social Justice Ministry