Loaves and Fishes 2017
Help the Miracle Happen! Join us on Friday March 24 &/or Saturday March 25, 2017 for Loaves and Fishes this year. This is when our congregation joins with UU Washington Crossing to serve our annual weekend hot meal in Trenton to those who live with hunger every day. Ages 10 -110 are welcome.
We will make the bag lunches at UU Washington Crossing this year on Friday night, March 24, ~6:30-8 pm.
You can help by being:
- Brownie Bakers — you can bake ahead of time & deliver to UUCP between Mar 20 & Mar 25
- Sandwich Makers & Bag lunch ‘Stuffers’ – will work only on Friday evening, March 25
- Drivers – 2 are needed to pick up bag lunches from UU Washington Crossing on Friday evening, then deliver to Trenton early on Sat. morning
- Milk Shopper – 1 needed to buy ca. 30 half gallons at Halo Farm EARLY Saturday morning and deliver to Trenton by 8:30 am.
- Servers – we need a crew to help heat & serve the hot meal on Sat. between 10 am and 1:30 pm
- Angels with Brooms – on Saturday between about 1 and 2 pm to uphold our stellar cleanup reputation with Loaves and Fishes organizers!
Signups will start February 26 during Robinson coffee hours, or email Louise Senior if you would like to sign up as Milk Shopper or Driver.
Google Forms Sign-Ups
To Bake Brownies — read this
To Make Bag Lunches Friday eve – read this
To Serve on Saturday in Trenton – read this