Loaves and Fishes – March 30/31 2018
Date(s) - 03/30/2018 - 03/31/2018
6:30 pm - 2:00 pm
UU Church at Washington Crossing
Add to Your Calendar
Loaves and Fishes 2018
Help the Miracle Happen! Join us on Friday March 30 and/or Saturday March 31, 2018 for Loaves and Fishes this year. This is when our congregation joins with UU Washington Crossing to serve our annual weekend hot meal at St. Mary’s Cathedral, 151 N Warren St, Trenton to those who live with hunger every day. Ages 10-110 are welcome.
We will make the bag lunches at UU Washington Crossing this year on Friday night, March 30, ~6:30-8 pm.
You can help by being:
- Brownie Bakers — you can bake ahead of time & deliver to the congregation – the week leading up to March 30
- Sandwich Makers & Bag lunch ‘Stuffers’ – will work only on Friday evening, March 30
- Drivers – 2 are needed to pick up bag lunches from UU Washington Crossing on Friday evening, then deliver to Trenton early on Sat. morning
- Milk Shopper – 1 needed to buy about 30 half gallons at Halo Farm EARLY Saturday morning and deliver to Trenton by 8:30 am.
- Servers – we need a crew to help heat & serve the hot meal on Sat. between 10 am and 1:30 pm at St. Mary’s Cathedral, 151 N Warren St, Trenton
- Angels with Brooms – on Saturday between about 1 and 2 pm to uphold our stellar cleanup reputation with Loaves and Fishes organizers!
How to Volunteer
Signups will start late February/early Marcj during Robinson coffee hours, or email us if you would like to sign up as Milk Shopper or Driver.
Louise Senior (co-organizer of Loaves and Fishes 2018)